Focused on Rare Earths & Phosphate.
Montero Mining and Exploration Ltd. Is a mineral exploration and development company engaged in its flagship Rare Earth Elements (REE) Project Wigu Hill in Tanzania and has phosphate assets in South Africa and uranium assets in Tanzania and Quebec, Canada.
We remain focused on the development of our flagship Wigu Hill Rare Earth Element Project in Tanzania, which is a high-grade, undeveloped Light Rare Earth Element deposit. Montero has a fast-track strategy to advance a portion of the Wigu Hill deposit to the mining and production stage in the short-term. Montero has produced samples of saleable Rare Earth products, proving an effective process route, and signed a MoU with Star Earth Minerals and "Strategic Investor". (see news page)
Rare Earth Elements (REEs) - a group of 15 metals are critical in the advancement and development of emerging "green" technologies and high-tech applications. With China's control over rare earth export quotas, it is becoming imperative that the rest of the world develops new rare earth resources to meet the increasing demand from “green” technology and high-tech applications. Montero has a highly experienced Board and Management team that has built and operated mines and refineries in Africa, which brings significant credibility to our strategy of becoming a rare earth producer.
Montero’s growth strategy is to develop and de-risk the Wigu Hill Rare Earth Element project and to bring this to account by eventual rare earth production and cash flow. Montero plans to operate in an environmentally and socially responsible manner, adding value to all stakeholders. Montero trades on the TSX Venture under the symbol MON.
- Montero Revises High-Grade REE Resource in the Twiga Zone to 0.47 Million Tonnes Averaging 5.2% LREO5 at the Wigu Hill Rare Earth Project, and receives Environmental Impact Assessment Certificate for the Wigu Hill Rare Earth Project in Tanzania (see News page)
- Focussed on fast-tracking our Wigu Hill Rare Earth Element Project to the mining and production phase.
- Produced samples of saleable Rare Earth Products for marketing purposes including a Mixed Rare Earth Carbonate, Oxide, Hydroxide and Cerium products. (see news release 05/03/12) and MoU signed with Star Earth Minerals (see news release 20/03/12) and "Strategic Investor" (see news release 16/11/12)
- Initial NI 43-101 Resource Estimate on 2 of 10 drill targets (see news release 12/09/11) at our flagship Wigu Hill Project in Tanzania which hosts high TREO grades and enriched in La, Ce and Nd - key metals in the Green Energy Economy.
- Initial Inferred Mineral Resource of 32.8 M tonnes grading 7.15% P2O5, capable of producing an acid-grade phosphate concentrate of 33% P2O5 to 35% P2O5 at the Duyker Eiland Project in South Africa. (see news release 14/12/11) and a positive Preliminary Economic Assesment.
- Experienced management team with over 30 years of working in Africa
- Social responsibility and environmental stewardship corporate cornerstones - See CSR Page
- Click here to view our disclaimer.